Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sewing & Shirring

Today I spent the evening sewing. I made a regular bandana dress but had to size it down for a 12 month old, a halloween themed bandana/pillowcase style dress for a 4 year old and then I had a plan to repurpose the Breast Cancer Bandana Dress with a new method called Shirring.

Shirring is sewing with elastic thread in the bobbin which causes the fabric to gather up. I've never done it but had seen several people posting tutorials for it. I don't think I did very good for the first time but I'm excited to try it again




I hadn't tried an actual pillowcase dress so I this is the first time I  put in armholes.  I think it looks so much cleaner than a regular bandana dress. Isn't this fabric adorable.


I also made my first fabric flower! I found this awesome blog that will show you 31 different types of flower to try!
Pink Paper Peppermints



Here is the breast cancer dress I did the shirring on. 


I'm finding so many fun things I want to sew! Can't wait to share them with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.